How do I refer my child for counseling services?

    To refer your child to counseling services, please contact the Counseling Office (324-3702) and discuss your concerns with a counselor. The counselor will then meet with your student to assess the need for both in school counseling services and/or a referral to outside mental health services. The counselor will then communicate back with the parent/guardian. 

    Who do I reach out to for technology issues?

    For technology issues, please contact the Curriculum Suite at 607-324-1303 ext. 1525. 

    My child is struggling in class, how can he/she get extra support?

    If your child is struggling in class, it is recommended to reach out directly to your child’s teachers to explore possible interventions and strategies. If there are still concerns after reaching out to your child’s teachers, please reach out to your child’s School Counselor or Assistant Principal to schedule a team meeting and discuss further options.

    How can my child get help applying for college?

    School Counselors meet with all seniors in the fall of their senior year to discuss post-secondary plans. For further help with applying to college, please contact your child’s School Counselor. 

    How do I get my child enrolled in Alternative Education? 

    Obtaining a slot in the full day alternative education program is determined based on available slots, credit accrual, attendance, and discipline history. A final decision is made by administration and BOCES staff. 

    Can my child go to BOCES?

    Students can enroll in a Career & Technical program their 11th and 12th grade years. Your child will meet with their School Counselor for course requests to discuss BOCES options. 

    What is the process to get my child an IEP/504?

    Questions regarding special education services should be directed to Pupil Personnel Services at 607-324-1303 ext. 1109. 

    How can my child change their schedule?

    Questions regarding schedule changes should be directed to your child’s School Counselor. It is recommended to make schedule changes within the drop/add period. 

    My child took college level classes at the high school. How can I make sure he/she gets college credit?

    In order for your child to receive college credit, he/she must request an official college transcript from Corning Community College, Alfred State College, or Alfred University depending on which college level class he/she was enrolled in.  If your child took an AP exam, he/she should request AP exams scores by logging on to their College Board account.

     How does my child get working papers?

    Students can apply for working papers in the main office.

     My child is refusing to come to school, what can I do? 

    If your child is struggling with coming to school, contact your child’s Assistant Principal or School Counselor.  They will work together with you to come up with a plan that best meets your child’s needs based on the reason they are refusing to come to school.