The Hornell City School District consists of approximately 2,000 students housed in the following buildings; the Columbian school serves Pre-K and District Offices, the North Hornell school serves grades K-1, the Bryant school serves grades 2-3, the Intermediate School serves grades 4-6, as well as a grades 7-8 junior high and grades 9-12 senior high configuration housed in the same complex.
The district provides outstanding facilities for all its students and maintains a strong commitment to technology for instructional and administrative excellence. The district features a state of the art athletic complex which includes a lighted synthetic turf field, all-weather track, lighted baseball and softball stadiums and tennis courts. The district's swimming facilities are housed at the Intermediate School.
All the district facilities are in excellent condition and an ongoing capital project continues to enhance the learning environment with advanced technology and 21st century learning strategies.
Hornell CSD Vision Statement
Together, preparing students for their future.
To nurture, encourage and cultivate lifelong learners who contribute to a diverse society as productive citizens.
Our community believes that:
- All students can successfully reach their potential, using their unique abilities and talents to become responsible, productive and contributing citizens.
- All staff members will continually improve their practices in support of student learning, develop significant relationships with students and collaborate with staff, parents and the community to make a difference in students' lives.
- A quality educational community:
- anticipates changes, is data-driven, plans and acts in response to a dynamic world
- provides a caring, safe, secure and inviting climate
- fosters a culture of responsibility, respect, trust and pride
- models and actively engages the local, national and global community.